Radon is radioactive gas occur naturally from the process of breaking down particular elements such as thorium, uranium, and radium from water, soil, or rocks. The radioactive gas is then released into the air. It can dilute easily when it is in the open air. However, it will build up and get accumulated once it is trapped inside a building or closed establishment. Radon gas has characteristics that make it hard to recognize. It is colorless, tasteless, and odorless. Thus, it can seep through the building without your notice.
Radon exposure is dangerous because it is the second leading cause of lung cancer. When you spend most of your time at home with poor air flow or circulation, the risk of radon exposure is higher. You have high risk of developing lung cancer just like a smoker. If you are already a smoker and live inside a building with high level of radon exposure, the risk doubles up. Lung cancer is serious illness and deathly. Therefore, you should be more aware of radon gas exposure rather than consequences of playing judi dadu online at http://220.127.116.11 from now on.
How to know if you are exposed to high level of radon gas?
Any building is at risk of radon exposure. However, there are particular buildings with higher risk at getting radon exposure. For example, buildings with so many cracks and hole but so little airflow. Buildings that have many openings from pipes or wires without proper sealing are also at higher risk of radon exposure. Enclosed area in your home is mostly where radon is trapped and accumulated. The basement is often found to have highest level or radon since it is the closest to the ground.
It is hard to tell radon exposure or poisoning because radon is different from other gases for example carbon monoxide. You may only aware of the radon after so many years when your health is decreased. Lung cancer is great indication of radon exposure especially if you are non-smoker. As for the symptoms of the lung cancer itself, it usually starts with constant cough, wheezing, and shortness of breath. If you start coughing up blood, losing weight drastically, or experience pain chest, you should seek help from physician.
Basically, there are no tests that can tell you how much amount of radon gas you have been breathing in. There are no treatments to flush out the radon from your body either. If you suspect you have been exposed to radon, call your doctor to consult. Most doctor may suggest you to have a test to check if you are developing lung cancer.
To really tell if you are exposed to radon is to perform radon test. You can conduct short-term test by purchasing passive testing device. Or, you can also choose to hire professional and let them perform long-term radon test which often takes longer. The test may take more than 90 days to complete. If the radon level in your home is higher than 4 pCi/L, you need to take further action to reduce it.